Once you add sources into your library, check the info tab data for mistakes. To fix a mistake, double-click the field.
- Check the item type is correct. Click the label to see a list of options.
- All CAPS, extra letters, bold, italics, or extra spaces will show up in titles, authors, or journals.
- Check for missing information, such as DOIs for articles & ebooks.
- Make sure any URLs are permalinks.
Add More Citation Styles
If your course uses AMA or another citation style, you will have to choose that in Zotero.
- Open Zotero preferences (on Mac, Zotero menu/preferences; on Windows, Edit menu/preferences).
- Click on the “Cite” tab, then the “Styles” sub-tab.
- Find the style you need, and click okay to load it into Zotero.