EDG Capstones and Theses
Literature Search Process
- Use books, ebooks, and reference books to learn about your research topic, identify important researchers, locate keywords for searching, and narrow your topic.
- Review our Literature Searching Tutorial for information on the types of resources recommended.
- Look for Literature in education databases.
- Use Primo to access specific journals.
- Use the Interlibrary Loan form to request items from other libraries. Graduate students utilize this service often.
- If you need more guidance, request a research consultation with a CUW Librarian.
- Education Research Methods
- Action Research in Education
- Statistics for Education Research
- Writing Your Thesis
Find Articles by Citation
Graduate students often need to locate items by citation or request materials not owned by CUW Library. Here’s a video
- Don’t be afraid to try “link to full text” or “Check for Full Text” options in databases. The article full-text may be a click away in another database or Primo.
- Try the Citation Finder Tool
- Try searching Google Scholar for the article title. Look for a Full-Text @ CUW link.
- Request articles and book chapters from other libraries through the Interlibrary Loan form. Items will arrive via email.
- Ask a Librarian for help. We have extra options we can try or recommend.