On This Page
Tip: combine search terms using AND and put phrases in ” “
- (sonography OR ultrasound) AND “abdominal wall neoplasms”
- “abdominal sonography”
- cardiovascular AND ultrasound AND diagnostic
- “diagnostic imaging” AND echocardiography
Article Search Tips
Diagnostic imaging is a subheading you can add to other terms.
“Kidney/diagnostic imaging” is the medical imaging of a kidney. However, this might include other methods besides sonography (like an x-ray).
PubMed Database Tutorials
Images & Cases
- MedPix – National Library of Medicine: medical images, teaching cases, and clinical topics.
- Sonoworld: World’s largest collection of ultrasound-related educational materials.
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS): video review resources
Books on Topics
Health Data & Statistics
- HealthData.gov: US health and medicine data
- National Center for Health Statistics- Fast Stats Alphabetical list of stats on public health issues
- National Center for Health Statistics- Health annual report Datafinder tool and free infographics
- State Health Facts (Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation)