What Are Primary Sources?
Primary sources are original documents created at the time of an event, such as newspaper articles, photographs, or videos.
Primary sources also include diaries, memoirs, interviews, and other records that document a past event.
Find Primary Sources
In CUW Library
- Gale In Context: U.S. History
- Gale In Context: World History
- Gale In Context: Biography
- Social issues primary sources ebooks
Primary sources are found in special libraries, archives, repositories, and museums. Many are digitized and available online from the organization’s website.
- US History & Military Primary Sources at U.S. National Archives
- U.S. History and Culture Primary Sources at the Library of Congress
- Search for an archive on specific topics
- Concordia University Wisconsin Archives