Help Available: Ask a Librarian or on the Library Tab in the Portal (phone, email, chat)
Journals & Articles
Search for articles in Primo & library databases
Instructions for finding, accessing, & requesting articles: Find Journal Articles
- JBJS Journal of Orthopaedics for Physician Assistants
- Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Journal of Physician Assistant Education
- Physician Assistant Clinics
- Primary Care EJournals Shelf
Finding Journal Articles By Journal Title
- Open Primo Journal Title Search
- Search for the Journal’s Title.
- Click on the Journal in the search results.
- Search inside the journal for keywords on the journal page, or open a database link to browse content by year, volume, and issue.
Search for books and ebooks in Primo.
Clinical Key Ebooks
|Family Practice Guidelines||Ebook|
|Physician assistant: guide to clinical practice||R697.P45 P48 2018|
|AMA Manual of Style||R119 .A5333 2020|
|Human Anatomy Online||Website|
|NLM’s MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia||Website|
Data & Statistics
US health and medicine data
- National Center for Health Statistics- Fast Stats Alphabetical list of stats on public health issues
- National Center for Health Statistics- Health annual report
Datafinder tool and free infographics
- State Health Facts
(Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation)
- World Health Organization Data Repository:
Health-related statistics from over 100 countries
NIH Finding and Using Data Free Online Course
Duke University’s Free Clinical Tools for Health Professionals
A guide of free online journals, calculators, and search tools.
U.S. Government Websites
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Healthy People 2020
- US Preventative Services Taskforce
- National Institutes of Health
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Free Practice Exams
- Open LearningExpress Library
- From the homepage search for: PANCE
- Under one of the practice tests in the search results click Sign in or Register.
- Click Register or login with Google.
- Your institution will be “Badgerlink”. Click create account.
- Once your account is created you can take the two free practice exams available.
Click on the video and the CC icon for captions.
Health Sciences Research
Disclaimer: Check with your instructor for official textbooks titles and editions. This list includes the latest edition available of commonly used ebooks as textbooks as well as possible alternatives. Print copies of some textbooks are available in CUW Library through donations.
Search Primo to check the availability of other print and electronic textbooks.
Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination
Physical Examination of the Spine
PHAS 506, 507, 508
Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
- Principles of medical biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Human Genetics and Genomics
- Basic Immunology
- Medical Microbiology