Child AND Family Life
You can search for journal articles in Primo and library databases (see databases tab).
Instructions: Finding Journal Articles
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Child Development
- Children’s Health Care
- Child Psychiatry and Human Development
- Education Week
- Family Relations
- Journal of Adolescent Research
- Journal of Child and Family Studies
- Journal of Education Research
- Journal of Family Theory & Review
- Journal of Marriage and Family
- Lutheran Education
Find a Journal
- Open Journal Title Search
- Search for the Journal’s Title.
- Click on the Journal Title in the search results.
- Search inside the journal for keywords on the journal page.
Child & Family Data
- Children’s Bureau: National data on adoption, foster care, and child abuse and neglect
- Kid Count Data Center: State-level comparative data on child well-being presented in an interactive report-generating format
- Child Life Professional Data Center (CLPDC): Annual and quarterly data on child life programs in various settings.
- National Center for Health Statistics (CDC: Statistics on various topics including marriage, health by age group, reproductive health, and health & disability services.
- Family Life Educator
Certification requirements from the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)
- Child Life Specialist
Certification requirements from the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP)
You can search for books/ebooks and book titles in Primo.
How to find a specific book or chapter
- Books on United States Families
- Handbook of Child life (2nd ed.)
- The Educated Parent 2 : Child Rearing in the 21st Century
Qualitative & Quantitative Research
- Use Keywords. Add the keyword quantitative/qualitative and research or study. For example:
reading AND (research OR study) AND quantitative
- Use Filters. Some databases, like ERIC, will have the Publication type filter Reports -Research. Be sure to add quantitative/qualitative to your search.
Click on the video and the CC icon for captions.