Primo does not contain everything CUW Library owns, and CUW doesn’t own everything in Primo, but we can get you almost anything in Primo.
What is Primo™?
- Primo Search is a search tool for most of CUW on-campus and online materials.
- Search by an item title or topic.
- Includes scholarly, professional, popular, and news sources.
- Includes filters and features to narrow and save your results.
- Login to Primo to renew loans, save items or searches, or request items.
- Request digital scans of print journals or print book chapters in Primo.
Watch Video Tutorial of Searching Primo
Watch Video Tutorial of Primo Advanced Search
Search inside different resources groups, like CUW Library, SWITCH, Articles, or Everything.
When to Use Primo
- To see if CUW Library has access to an item
- To find a variety of source types
- Your topic is interdisciplinary (more than one subject area) or you need multiple points-of-view
When to Use a Database
- For a very specific search (e.g. a peer-reviewed research article or clinical guideline).
- For subject-specific primary sources