Once you add sources into your library, check the info tab data for mistakes. To fix a mistake, double-click the field in the box in the right-side pane.
- Check the item type is correct. Click the label to see a list of options.
- All CAPS, extra letters, bold, italics, or extra spaces will show up in titles, authors, or journals.
- Check for missing information, such as DOIs for articles & ebooks.
- Make sure any URLs are permalinks.
Add More Citation Styles
If your course uses AMA or another citation style, you will have to add that to Zotero.
- Open Zotero preferences (on Mac, Zotero menu/preferences; on Windows, Edit menu/preferences).
- Click on the “Cite” tab, then the “Styles” sub-tab.
Click the link that says “get additional styles” in that tab.
- Find the style you need, and click on it to load it into Zotero.