Welcome to the Child & Family Life Subject Guide.
Audience: Help CUW graduate students in Child Life & Family Life courses.
Help Available: If you need help finding resources, please contact librarians with Ask a Librarian or on the Library Tab in the Portal (phone, email, chat)
How to Use: Click a tab to learn more.
You can search for journal articles in Primo and library databases (see databases tab).
For General Instructions: Finding Journal Articles
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Child Development
- Children’s Health Care
- Child Psychiatry and Human Development
- Education Week
- Family Relations
- Journal of Adolescent Research
- Journal of Child and Family Studies
- Journal of Education Research
- Journal of Family Theory & Review
- Journal of Marriage and Family
- Lutheran Education
Finding Journal Articles By Journal Title in Primo
- Open Journal Title Search
- Search for the Journal’s Title.
- Click on the Journal Title in the search results.
- Search inside the journal for keywords on the journal page.
- Encyclopedia of Social Work The Wikipedia of Social Work, this resource provides articles about social work, sociology, healthcare, and public policy maintained by SW faculty
- American Academy of Pediatrics Pediatric-focused research, news, policy, and professional resources
- MedlinePlus Encyclopedia Covers the basics of medical conditions, medications, and medical tests
You can search for books & ebooks in Primo.
Library of Congress Call Numbers
HQ Family & Marriage
HV 40 Social Services
LB1101 Child study
LB1139.2 Early childhood education
RJ 499 Child psychiatry
|Family life education with diverse populations|| Ebook|
|Handbook of Child life||Ebook|
Children & Family Specific
- Children’s Bureau National data on adoption, foster care, and child abuse and neglect
- Kid Count Data Center State level comparative data on child well-being presented in an interactive report-generating format
Child Life Professional Data Center (CLPDC) Annual and quarterly data on child life programs in various settings.
- National Center for Health Statistics (CDC) Statistics on various topics including marriage, health by age group, reproductive health, and health & disability services.
Demographic Data & Statistics
- Gapminder international economic, medical and social statistics
- UNICEF: international data about children and women
- International Database: demographic information for 228 countries with 5,000 or more people from UDS.
- American Fact Finder United States Community Information based on the US Census (2010)
- Open Data Network U.S. Data organized by state and metro area.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States: historical census data 1889-2010
There are a few ways to limit your results to just qualitative or Quantitative Research studies.
- Use Keywords. Add the keyword quantitative/qualitative and research or study. For example:
reading AND (research or study) AND quantitative
- Use Filters. Some databases, like ERIC, will have the Publication type filter Reports -Research. Be sure to add quantitative/qualitative to your search.