💡What is a Primary Source?
Primary sources are original documents created at the time of an event, such as a newspaper articles, photographs, or videos.
Primary sources also include diaries, memoirs, interviews, and other records that document a past event.
🗺️Where Are Primary Sources?
- Gale In Context: U.S. History
- Gale In Context: World History
- Gale In Context: Biography
- Social issues primary sources ebooks
Primary sources are found in special libraries, archives, repositories, and museums. Many are digitized and available online from the organization’s website.
- US History & Military Primary Sources at U.S. National Archives
- U.S. History and Culture Primary Sources at the Library of Congress
- Search for an archive on specific topics
- Concordia University Wisconsin Archives