If you are looking for tutorials and information about finding, choosing, citing, and using scholarly sources and books, click on a gateway below.
The recommended resources listed here have been selected by your librarian. The library has many more journals, books, and other resources available.
Browse peer-reviewed research in different areas of PT. Use databases to search for articles on a topic.
Click here to open journal titles
Books and ebooks provide information about examinations, best practices, anatomy, treatment, and more.
Click here to open the book titles
The web is a great place for the latest from APTA and information you can share with clients and their families.
Click here to open website links
- American Physical Therapy Association: jobs, practice guidelines, and EBP. Some resources require paid membership.
- Choose PT: APTA’s website for patients
- MedlinePlus: A consumer health information database (in English and Spanish)
- Physiopedia: A wiki for physiotherapy
- NARIC (National Rehabilitation Information Center): Disability and independent living news, research, and guidelines
- The Rehabilitation Provider’s Guide to Cultures of the Foreign-Born: cultural competence guides for the top 10 countries of origin for immigrants in the U.S.
- Rehabilitation Measures Database (RMD) – Ability Lab: a searchable collection of assessments