❓What is a Reflective Educator?
“Critically reflective teaching happens when we build into our practice the habit of constantly trying to identify, and check, the assumptions that inform our actions as teachers. The chief reason for doing this is to help us take more informed actions so that when we do something that’s intended to help students learn it actually has that effect.”
-Stephen D Brookfield in Becoming A Critically Reflective Teacher (2017)
Here are some sample searches you could try. Try adding a subject area, grade level, or specialty.
- “critical reflection” AND teach*
- “reflective teaching” AND mathematics
- “teacher effectiveness” AND “special education”
- “effective teaching”
- “teacher development”
Note: Online students can request single chapter scans in Primo
Add more keywords to the search box to search for articles on a specific topic.
- Action in Teacher Education
- Educational Action Research
- Journal of Teacher Education
- Theory Into Practice