Skip to content
Presentations & Speeches
Plan your Presentation
- Review the assignment requirements: time limits, visuals (posters or slides), and/or handouts.
- Read the Book Chapter: The Building Blocks of a Good Presentation
- Outline your speech content with an introduction, body, and conclusion
- Make a plan with deadlines to finish each part, or divide the work among group members
Research Your Topic
- Find and read credible sources from a variety of view points. Primo is a good place to start.
- Keep notes on where ideas come from, so you can cite sources later.
- Look for a relevant quote, fact, statistic, event, or antidote to grab your audience’s attention in your introduction.
Create Visuals and Slides
Practice Your Presentation
- Create cue cards with a few words or phrases for each slide
- Practice with a timer, and add/remove or reorder your content as needed.
- Once your speech is finalized, practice until you can finish confidently with time left for audience questions.
Give your Presentation