Steps in the Research Process
- Use ebooks and reference books to learn the history and vocabulary of your topic
- Create a solid research question, but be prepared to narrow or broaden your question based on what research is available.
- Learn how to search databases effectively and gather sources on your topic. Use subject terms for your concepts whenever possible.
- Check out our other Help Guides on Literature Searching and Writing With Sources
- Cite your sources and format your paper using APA.
Search for Articles (Databases)
ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest) (Includes: ABI/INFORM Dateline; ABI/INFORM Global; ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry) –journal articles & case studies.
☆Business (ProQuest) With 1 click search 9 of ProQuest’s business databases. Includes scholarly articles.
☆Gale OneFile: Business (Gale) Provides full-text coverage of all business disciplines including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management and strategy, as well as business theory and practice.
☆Business Source Ultimate (EBSCOhost) Comprehensive full-text coverage and indexing and abstracts for the scholarly business journals covering marketing, management, accounting, banking, finance, and more. In addition, detailed company reports information for the largest public and private companies. Data includes financials, subsidiaries, products, employees, industry information, case studies, SWOT analyses, market research reports, country reports, and more.
Health Management Database (ProQuest) Includes key journals, dissertations and theses for a wide range of topics including hospitals, insurance, law, statistics, business management, personnel management, ethics, health economics, and public health administration plus reports from Business Monitor International related to the health care industry.
Education Database (ProQuest) Coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary, and higher education as well as special education, homeschooling, and adult education. Many titles are indexed in the ERIC database.
Education Source (EBSCOhost) This database provides scholarly research and information from early childhood to higher education — as well as all educational specialties.
ERIC (EBSCOhost-provided by Badgerlink) Provides citation and abstract information from over 750 educational journals and related documents from the Educational Resource Information Center and educational symposium report literature dating back to 1967.
Religion and Philosophy Collection (EBSCOhost) With hundreds of full-text, scholarly journals, the Religion & Philosophy Collection provides an in-depth collection of resources covering topics such as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
Religion Database (ProQuest) Covers formal theological studies and commentary on topics of general interest.
Looking for some suggestions for Primo or databases? Try combining a few of these keywords or phrases.
- “servant leadership”
- “transformational leadership”
- servant leadership – religious aspects – Christianity
- “organizational effectiveness”
- “corporate culture”
- corporations – sociological aspects
- “personnel management”
- “work-life balance”
- “stress management”
- “work and family”
- “job satisfaction”
- “employee motivation”
- Transformational Leadership: Creating Organizations of Meaning
- Leading the Positive Organization: Actions, Tools, and Processes
- Transformational leadership research: issues and implications
- Conversations on Servant-Leadership: Insights on Human Courage in Life and Work
- Seven Pillars of Servant Leadership: Practicing the Wisdom of Leading by Serving
Finding Journals By Title in Primo
- Open Primo Journal Title Search
- Search for the Journal’s Title.
- Click on the Journal title in the search results.
- Find the box to search inside the journal for keywords.