📁What is Zotero?
Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use software program to help you collect, manage, and cite your sources. It integrates with your web browser.
- Keep track of sources, notes, and pdfs
- Create citations
- Create bibliographies in MS Word or Google Docs
- Share a library with a group
The Zotero website has more about setup and for trouble shooting problems.
1. 🔗Download and Install desktop application on your computer.
2. Add the “Connector” for your web browser(s).
3. Open MS Word and check for a Zotero Tab in the top menu. If there is no tab, Open Edit menu in Zotero program, click Preferences, Click Cite, Click Word Processors tab, Click Install Microsoft Word Add-In.
🌐Zotero Account Sync
- Register for a free Zotero account to backup your library and access it from any device.
- Inside the Zotero software, Click Edit menu, Click Preferences, Click Sync. Login to your Zotero account.
Add items By ISBN, DOI, or PMID
Add items Manually
- Zotero “watches” the web pages you view for books, articles or other sources.
- If Zotero detects a source to save, you’ll see an icon appear in the browser address bar.
- Click the icon, and choose the folder to save the item.
Add Primo Saved items
The easiest way to export your saved items is via a RIS file which you can import into Zotero.