1. Write your Question
▶️Watch a Video Tutorial on choosing research questions.
Remember, your research question should:
- fit the assignment length, type of argument, and source type requirements
- Include an argument supported with evidence
2. Identify your Concepts
The W Questions
- Who: Who are you talking about?
- What: What is are they doing or is happening?
- Where: Where is your topic relevant?
- How: How is it happening?
- Why: Why is your topic important?
- Who & What: child development
- Where: United States
- How: water pollution
- Why: public safety
3. Combine Concepts to search
Use the word or phrases for your topic and combine them using AND to make a search string:
Who AND Where AND How AND Why
“Child development” AND “united states” AND “water pollution” AND safety