👀Review your Assignment
Identify any study limitations like:
- Date (last 5 years?)
- Type of study: quantitative, qualitative, mixed-methods, or pilot study?
- Study location: country? state/region?
- Researcher/author: RN? NP? PA? OT? Ph.D.?
- Methods: retrospective? controlled? Double-blind? experimental?
🔎Search for studies
Create a search string that includes your topic and required study characteristics:
“elementary education” AND “literacy” AND “teaching methods” AND “quantitative”
💭Assess Your Results
- Are the results on the topic?
- Should you add to or change your search terms?
- What filters do you need: date? scholarly journal? grade or age? research? peer-reviewed? Check the advanced search for all options.
Adjust your search until you find relevant results. Need help? Ask a Librarian.
📖Review the Article Information
Click on the article title and read the abstract, subjects/descriptors, and publication type.
Look for clues about the study location, type of study or methods, and age of participants.
- Inside the article, look for PDF full-text or HTML full-text options.
- Click on Link to Full-text to see if the article is available in Primo.
- If nothing works, request the article via Inter-library loan. Most requests are filled in within 3 days via email.
📑Cite the Research Study
- APA Journal Article Citation Example
- APA ERIC Research Report Example
- AMA Journal Article Citation Format