🎓Is this article Peer reviewed?
Journals are in electronic, print, and microfilm format.
See “Find and Request” or “no full text”? Request articles using the Interlibrary loan form.
🔎Find Articles by Topic
Enter keywords for a topics: “climate change” AND “business ethics”
- Databases are searchable collections of electronic resources, including journal articles.
- Find Databases by Subject Or All Databases
🌟Searching for articles
- Instead of: What are the benefits for college students who study abroad?
- Try searching this: “college students” AND “study abroad” AND benefits
💭Types of Articles
- Original Research
- Look for: words like “study”, “design” “experiment” in the abstract
- Common sections: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion
- Literature Review
- Look for: summary of multiple articles on a topic
- Long page lengths
- Sections organized by themes
- Looks for: “concepts”, “framework”, “model”, “theoretical foundation”, and “perspectives” in the abstract or title
- Difficult to read and understand
- News/Opinions/Book Reviews/Letters/
- Look for: reference to another publication, person, or event
- Not peer-reviewed
- very short length
- Case studies
- Look for: a unique situation or event
- More common in medicine, business, social sciences
- Could be too unique to be applicable.