Contents for Finding Books & Ebooks
- 1 Summary
- 2 Find Print books in Primo
- 3 Locate Print Books in CUW Library (Call Numbers)
- 4 Find (Most) Ebooks in Primo
- 5 Request Print Books for pickup
- 6 Requesting Books Outside SWITCH (ILL)
- 7 Databases with Ebooks
- CUW has physical and electric books.
- Current students and faculty can also request books from 7 SWITCH libraries (1-2 business days) in Primo Search or via inter-library loan (3-14 business days).
- Search for books in Primo Search and subject specific databases.
- Find subject-relevant options on the books tab of your subject guide or course/program guide
- To download full ebooks, you will have to create a free account. We recommend downloading 1 chapter at a time instead.
- Off-campus students can use home delivery to access print CUW books.
Related Guides: Finding Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
Find Print books in Primo
To find print books and ebooks at CUW Library, use the CUW Library Search
This video demonstrates how to search for books and ebooks.
Look for these Icons:
Find Books By Subject (1 min)
To search for an author, use the drop down “as author/creator”
Find Books by title (1 min)
Looking for a specific title? Watch this video.
Locate Print Books in CUW Library (Call Numbers)
Find books on the shelf (2 min)
Books in the CUW Library are organized by subject according to 2 classification systems: Library of Congress (LC) and the Dewey Decimal System.
Book shelves are labeled on the ends to help students locate items.
Student workers or librarians can provide assistance locating items.
Main Collection & AV & Reference: Library of Congress
On the book spine:
Curriculum: Dewey Decimal System
On the book spine:
Find (Most) Ebooks in Primo
Search Primo for Ebooks (2 min)
To limit your search to only Ebooks, choose Available Online under Show Only.
Ebooks will always say Online in green text. You might also see the ebook icon to the left of the title.
Most CUW Ebook are provided through the Ebsco eBooks and Ebook Central Databases.
Things to remember:
- All Ebooks can be read in most browsers.
- To download full Ebooks, you must create a free account with Ebsco or Ebook Central. Sometimes you will be prompted to “checkout” the book.
- You can download individual chapters without creating an account.
- Ebook Central limits the number of pages downloaded at one time.
- To read ebooks on mobile devices: use free app Bluefire Reader
- For read ebooks PC or Mac computers: use Adobe Digital Editions software
Resources from the Vender:
Double Click Videos Below for Larger Versions
Downloading Ebsco Ebooks
Reading Ebsco Ebooks Online
Proquest Ebooks Use
Request Print Books for pickup
Students and faculty can request print books from CUW and SWITCH to be held at the circulation desk for pick on-campus or be mailed home (online students).
In Primo search results, Print books will look like this:
1. Click the book title.
2. Click CUW Request OR CUW Scan chapter option
Request SWITCH Print Books (1 min)
This short video clip from our Primo 101 video demonstrates the process.
Requesting Books Outside SWITCH (ILL)
Databases with Ebooks
Be sure to select BOOK or Book Chapter under resource type in the search results.
- Integrated Pharmacy Collection