Save yourself time and frustration. Click on each question to view the answers.
A: Your library account is located inside Primo, our library search system.
- Open Primo.
- Click Sign In in the top menu bar on the far right side. Use the CUW Portal Option.
- Click on your name on the top menu bar.
- Click my loans to see items currently checked out.
- Click my requests to see items held at the CUW library or requested via SWITCH
- Click on loans to check due dates and renew items.
A: All students are given a set number of pages to print for free but you must print from a campus computer or through WebPrint.
- Login to WebPrint with your Portal login.
- Follow the instructions for printing.
- Find the closest printer in the library (there are two printers), and login using the ID reader and your Falcon ID or using the touch screen with your portal login.
- Click on the document you want to release from your print Queue.
- Log out of your print account.
You can add pages to your print account (with cash) through IT on campus at the Help Desk (at the bottom of the library stairs).
A: If you are seeing this message, your library account is inactive. Sometimes this happens by accident, especially for returning students or at the start of a new term. Follow the instructions provided, and contact the library after 48 business hours if you are still seeing this message.
A: Finding specific items can sometimes be tricky. Remember, Primo doesn’t have a spell checker.
Sometimes. CUW Library does not purchase textbooks, however:
- Professors can put physical copies of the textbook on course reserve inside the library.
- Occasionally students donate their textbooks to the library. You'll find these mixed in with the main stacks.
- Professors sometimes use a library eBook as a textbook alternative.
Search for the title of the book in Primo to see if we have it. Sometimes the older edition of the same text will suffice.
A: If multiple links are available, try another link.
In other cases, sometimes Primo links to a journal website or other open access resource online. Search for the article title in the website search box.
A: No. The library has DynamedPlus database instead, which works the same way.
DynaMed Plus (EBSCOhost)
DynaMed is a clinical reference tool which provides fast, easy access to the latest evidence-based information. DynaMed includes clinically-organized summaries for thousands of topics.
Stop by the library office during regular hours. Replacement ID cost is $25, paid at the cashier's office ahead of time.
Find more information on our website here for online students: Concordia ID Cards.
The Southeastern Wisconsin Information Technology Exchange (SWITCH) is a group of eight academic libraries at schools in the Milwaukee area that share physical library resources. Member libraries are located at Alverno College, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, Mount Mary University, Sacred Heart School of Theology, St. Francis Seminary, and Wisconsin Lutheran College.
- Search for Switch Items in the SWITCH Libraries or Everything Search option in Primo.
- Sign-in to Primo.
- Click SWITCH Request under Physical inside the item.
- Optional: Off-campus students type "home delivery" under additional information to have the item mailed home after it arrives at CUW. Delivery to CUW is usually within 1-2 business days. User pays shipping back to CUW.
CUW Commuter, center, or online students: Do you live close to another SWITCH campus? Bring your FalconID and you are welcome to access and check out their physical materials on-site.
Possibly. CUW Library shares physical library resources with a group of libraries called SWITCH. Additional items may be available via inter-library loan for some students and faculty.
For on-campus students:
Physical items: Search SWITCH Libraries. Use SWITCH request to have physical items delivered for pickup to the Mequon campus.
If you can't find it in SWITCH, request the item via a free service called Inter-library Loan using this form. If the ILL item is available, it will be delivered to the Mequon campus for pickup.
Return all items to the Mequon campus. Renewals of materials are limited by the lending library.
For Online or Center students:
Physical items: Search SWITCH Libraries. Use SWITCH request to have physical items mailed home. Return all items to the Mequon campus via mail (you pay return shipping costs).
Online students are encouraged to utilize materials at local public universities near their home.
ILL for all students and faculty is limited by US Copyright restrictions.