Help Available: If you need help, please contact librarians with Ask a Librarian or on the Library Tab in the Portal (phone, email, chat)
Books & Ebooks
- ACSM’s resources for the personal trainer (2018) Print.
- The Ultimate Guide to the Physician Assistant Profession : a Personal Mentoring Guide to Success (2014) Print.
Look up professional organizations at Career One Stop
Tip: Look for sections on the website called education, students, careers, or resources.
- American Society of Exercise Physiologists
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Kinesiology Association
- American Fitness Professionals and Associates
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology
- Clinical Exercise Physiology Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- National Athletic Trainers Association
Looking for some suggestions for Primo or databases? Try one of these keywords or phrases.
- Physiologists — Practice
- Physiologists — Compensation And Benefits
- Clinical exercise physiology — Practice
- “vocational guidance”
- “career development”
SPORTDiscus is a database with many magazines with exercise and fitness career-related advice. Try doing a search for “career” or a specific occupation title ex. “athletic trainer”.
Limit your results to Magazines.
- Journal of Professionalization of Exercise Physiology: This journal does interviews with professionals and gives career advice. Click “search within this publication” to search for articles:
- Professionalization of Exercise Physiology: Articles about professional issues in EXPH.
- PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy: Search inside for “careers” or “career development”: