Government Department Websites
- United States Department of Justice: Federal government’s facts and figures on all crime
- Department of Homeland Security: A U.S. federal cabinet department responsible for public security
- Crime in the United States Report: An FBI annual report criminal activity and law enforcement by state.
- Wisconsin Department of Justice (Law Enforcement Division)
Officer training standards, crime statistics, crime lab information, research & program evaluation
Research & Evidence-Based Practices
- International Criminal Justice (ACJS): Information Resources from the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS)
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service: justice and drug-related information for research, policy, and programs worldwide.
- Campbell Corporation Online Library: Systematic reviews and evidence-based research summaries.
- Criminal Justice Research Alliance (CJRA) is a centralized resource of authoritative experts and scholarly research studies on crime and criminal justice issues.
- Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy (CEBCP): Research center for rigorous studies in criminal justice and criminology
- WILENET Document Library: Wisconsin Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) statistics
- FBI Crime Data Explorer: an online database of crimes by state as well as law enforcement data.
- Bureau of Justice: Data about US law enforcement, prison, parole and probation, and courts
- National Crime Victimization Survey: Personal & household crime data 1973- from the US Dept. of Justice.
- International Crime Victims Survey: United Nations survey of crime and safety in the European Union.
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data: Complied data from the National Crime Victimization Survey.